It remains dedicated to working with reputable cash loan lenders. In addition, it provides information that will assist consumers in making informed, responsible loan decisions.
Truth in Lending Act
Our policies and practices adhere to the regulations set by Fair Lending laws, such as the Truth in Lending Act. Before a consumer assumes any obligation to initiate the loan process, consumers should demand to be presented, in writing, with the exact rates, fees, rollover charges, and other details of their loan, not to exceed applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act states that all lenders, including cash loan lenders, must engage in “fair lending,” which is defined as “fair, equitable, and nondiscriminatory access to credit for consumers.” Dodd-Frank also tasks the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau with the enforcement of fair lending regulations. Consumers using this site are urged to file a complaint with the agency should any problems arise with their cash loans.
Fair Debt Collection Practices
For consumers repaying their loans, it supports all provisions of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act enforced by the Federal Trade Commission. We are not an actual lender and, as a result, does not collect debts from consumers. It endeavor to only work with lenders that comply with applicable debt collection laws, rules, and regulations. These include:
- NOT contacting consumers by phone anytime before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- NOT contacting consumers by phone with the intent to annoy, harass, or use abusive language.
- NOT collecting debt through deception or misrepresentation.
- NOT threatening legal recourse when no legal action is permitted.
Should a lender be found to be in violation of these or any other FDCPA statutes, it does not hesitate to cease conducting business with the company and report the company to the FTC.
It helps consumers report any illicit lenders and scam artists seeking to take advantage of those in need and reports them to the appropriate consumer protection agencies, such as the Better Business Bureau. To report a scam, use our Contact Us page.
While all lenders and us follow federal regulations, individual states also have numerous laws for lending within their borders. These include strict adherence to local laws regarding interest rates, rollover limits and fees, maximum loan terms, cool-off periods between loans, presentment limits, and more. Consumers should educate themselves about loan product they desire and the laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the product.
Tips For Budgeting
- MAKE A BUDGET. List income you receive from any source and know how much you are brining in each month. List how much you have in savings or if you can list out how much you can place into savings each month- even if it is just a little. List out your fixed monthly expenses like rent, car payments, cell phone or internet access. Then List out your variable expenses like groceries, clothing, insurance and electrical. Then compare the two lists to see where you are financially. If you have money left over each month, then put it in savings right away. If your list of expenses exceeds your monthly income, then see where you can cut back and that is usually variable expenses.
- IMPORTANCE OF SAVINGS. It is hard to save unless you change the way you think about savings. When you write out your bills each month – write one to yourself – even if it is for only 20 bucks. Put that one in your savings and forget you have it. Every six months, give your self a raise. Even if it is only 5 bucks. The key is to pay yourself then deposit that check into savings and walk away.
- THE TRICK TO SPENDING. Spending isn’t bad unless you spend foolishly. Be sure that what you are buying you need or you can afford. Shop around , watch for the sale, match prices online or get coupons from any number of websites. Just make sure you keep track of the spending on that Budget list you’ve made.
- EMERGENCIES. That is when you need us. That expense that you didn’t see coming and can’t cover until you get paid in two weeks. Say you need to borrow $100 for two weeks. Our participating lenders will get it to you today.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALIFIED LEGAL REPRESENTATION.